Tuesday 29 May 2012

Pre-Production: Read Through


This week we've had a dry read through of the script. It's nice to hear the script out loud with the actor. It gives you a great sense of how the film will flow. Whilst reading through the script we were constantly changing lines to make the characters more believable and original. It's massively important that all the characters don't sound the same. It's easy for this to happen when all the characters are written by the same person. It's the writer using their own voice to write all the characters. When I'm writing I try my hardest to base the characters on either someone I know or select certain words and phrases I think that specific character would use. This way all the characters have all their own personalities and not just mine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment